Despite extensive researches and multiple studies since decades for finding a cure for cancer, it is still is one of the deadliest diseases today which has caused an increase in deaths every year all around the globe. In 2012 alone, 14.1 million new cases and 8.2 million deaths happened worldwide due to cancer! Conventional treatments for cancer like surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy have failed to completely eliminate cancer. Henceforth, researchers have discovered natural anti-oxidants in the form of Annatto based Tocotrienol that exhibit strong anti-cancer activity! A Canadian company, Eannatto has successfully harvested Annatto for Tocotrienols to deliver it to every corner of the world to provide maximum health benefits.
- Antioxidants, especially Tocotrienol protect all your cells from inflammation especially chronic inflammation which may lead to cancer.
- Angiogenesis or formation of blood vessels in cancer cells promotes cancer cell to a very great extent. Tocotrienol is a master of anti-angiogenesis.
- Apoptosis or programmed cell death is the process of elimination and death of cancer cells. Tocotrienol induces apoptosis in cancer cells by increasing endoplasmic reticulum stress and autophagy thus helping in killing cancer cells.
- Cell Proliferation is the process by which cancer cells copy their DNA and divide into two cancer cells during mitosis and rapidly multiply into more cancer cells. According to several kinds of research, it has been proven that alpha, gamma, and delta Tocotrienols suppress the proliferation of cancer cells.
- Chemoprevention and anti-cancer activities are some characteristic qualities of Tocotrienol.
- Chemosensitization is the combination of Tocotrienol with several chemotherapeutic drugs such as celecoxib, statins or dietary components such as curcumin, polyphenols, etc. effectively sensitize the cancer cells.
- Stem cells of the remaining 1% cancer cells which are never affected by chemotherapy and radiation and are travelling throughout the body which is also the main reason of reoccurrence of cancer even after those conventional treatments, has shown to be eliminated by Tocotrienol in the research.
- Tumor nutrition can also be obstructed by Tocotrienol as they may well work on dual antitumor mechanisms that include the removal of the vital nutrient to tumor lifeline.
According to research, different dosages were used to treat different kind of cancers but no adverse effects were shown up to 3200 mg/day of Tocotrienols while cancer cell death in patients was observed at the dosage of 200-900 mg/day.
Why Tocotrienol and Not Tocopherol?
- Tocotrienol the unappreciated Vitamin E: Since several decades, the majority of research has been focused on alpha-tocopherol whereas only 3% of the study has been conducted on Tocotrienol. However clinical studies have significantly proven that Tocotrienols display ber anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and chemopreventive activities than Tocopherol based Vitamin E.
- Small structure and less molecular weight: The higher anti-oxidant activity of Tocotrienols is due to their small structure and less molecular weight which assist in their integration of the cell, unlike Tocopherols.
- Tocopherol in your food: The amount of antioxidants like Tocopherols required by your body is already present in our daily diet so we won’t get any benefit from Tocopherol supplementation.
- Tocopherol, the enemy of Tocotrienol: Tocopherol interferes with the functioning of Tocotrienol as it attenuates cancer inhibition, inhibits absorption, reduces adipose storage, and compromises cholesterol and triglyceride reduction.
- Tocotrienol, the protector of State: Tocotrienol has more mobility than Tocopherol due to its small structure so it can cover a larger area and target more cells.